Wednesday 7 January 2009

A local walk







Wednesday 7th January 2009

I often take a walk along the Coventry Canal between Atherstone and Polesworth. Its not hugely rich in birdlife but theres usually something of interest along the way. Today started well when a Woodcock flew over and dropped into a Birch Coppice behind the Aldi distribution depot. I had to wait considerably longer for my next 'good' bird -Grey Partridge, not always the easiest bird to find and the 3 birds did their best to imitate clods of earth. Other birds seen Yellowhammer c25, Skylark c30, Woodpigeon c1000, Common Snipe, Sparrowhawk and Common Buzzard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob.Looks too cold for me there.Nice blog.

    Max.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob, I'm enjoying reading your new blog. I met you last year at Richards Meadow, Kingsbury WP, whilst looking for the Hen Harrier. We did eventually see it on our next vist a few weeks later. Probably bump into you again soon as we'll be doing a lot more of our birding in those parts this year.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete