Friday 16 January 2009

Wild Goose ? Chase








Thursday 15th January 2009

'I'm on the road again' Who sang that? Anyway, today I shall be looking for geese, so its Draycote Water via Brandon Marsh. No joy at Brandon so on to Draycote where the Pink footed Goose is more obliging in Toft, but not too obliging as it leads its gang of Canadas out onto the centre of the reservoir. There seems to be a number of 'stray' geese around the Midlands at the moment, which may indicate that flocks of wintering geese fragment as they move to new feeding grounds around the country. The fact that such geese 'attach' themselves to feral flocks and adopt their behaviour patterns should not condemn them as plastic.
Other species seen: Shag, Great Northern Diver, Red necked Grebe and Smew. Plus Mottled Umber on the ex cafe.

Later that evening: I disgraced myself at the Brewery Quiz night. I got a question on Moths wrong. Capital of Albania no problem but the largest moth in Europe I choked. I can only blame it on a lack of alcohol due to the fact I had to drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment