Monday 9 February 2009

Drip,drip, drip






Monday 9th February

Not a great deal to report I'm afraid. Pottered about bits of woodland at Bentley and Baddesley but didnt see much. The flock of Lesser Redpoll and Goldfinch were still at Baddesley Common but much smaller than last week and no sign of any Mealys. I was getting seriously dripped on now, a mixture of snow melt from the trees and rain. Time to get in a hide so, as I hadn't been to Whitacre Heath for quite a while I thought I'd give it an hour. Willow tit and Great spotted Woodpecker were on the feeders near the car park with several Treecreepers in the wood. In lieu of birdlife I became intrigued by the tracks in the fast melting snow. I'll have a go at identifying them when Ive got nothing better to do, I'm sure theres a useful website somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment