Monday 6 April 2009

Slags are looking good







Monday 6th April 2009

Back to the slag heaps today and Bingo, a nice Wheatear on top to start the day. Not exactly rare but its a start. Several Willow warblers were in full voice amongst the Birches and plenty of Meadow pipits around on the grassy areas. On the downside I had to share my slag heaps with a posse of kids on scramble bikes but we managed to keep out of each others way. I used to love the Easter hols now I have to endure them. Sad old goat.
I did a tour of most of the Tame valley sites in Warwickshire, which was frankly disappointing.

Blackcaps were singing on the water park and at Coton. There was also a good number: c30 of both Sand Martin and Swallow at Coton but no sign of a House Martin. About 30 Lesser Redpoll at the feeding station hide at Whitacre Heath and a couple of Willow tits.
Pork pie left over from Saturdays lunch, looks like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment