Sunday 17 May 2009

Back to the rain




Saturday 16th May 2009

After a short birding break in Central Spain it was back to a short visit to Brandon Marsh. I was trying to play catch-up having clearly missed a significant wader passage through Warks while I was away. Steve Haynes, Steve Cawthray and myself had been kept well informed of the coming and goings of birds in the Tame valley particularly. As the Tame valley was now flooded out and more or less devoid of birds Brandon seemed a better bet. I did manage to add Turnstone (148)to the annual County list, but despite some heavy squalls nothing else dropped in.
Passerines seem to be struggling a bit at the moment with the poor weather. Reed warblers were eating seed and Whitethroats were coming to the nests with single small larvae and the odd flying insect. Lets hope it warms up soon.
I'll wite up an account of our Iberian adventure shortly when Ive sorted out a few photographs

No comments:

Post a Comment