Friday 30 October 2009

The price of Fame

Just be patient

Nearly there

Stonechat, Middleton lakes

Friday 30th October 2009

Found myself in a bit of a traffic jam at Bodymoor Heath this morning. Shame really cos these people wanted my autograph which I thought was a little odd even odder that they seemed to want their shirts written on as well. But they were quite patient as the mega vehicles with somebody called Ashley Young and Nigel Reo-coker got out of the way. I must say I found the whole experience quite humbling. I hadn't realised birders had achieved Celebrity status, well not in Warwickshire, although I gather there are several in Staffs who have been seen on the inside cover of Hello magazine or was it the Sun. Can you imagine......no we wont go there!

After that birding in the Tame valley was a bit, well Tame. At Drayton Bassett, a Stonechat posed nicely.
I retired to Kingsbury Water Park to hear a very illuminating lecture held jointly by Ron Thomas and John Harris on 'The history of Warwickshire - the vice County, and its birds'.

No comments:

Post a Comment