Tuesday 29 December 2009

The Metamorphosis of a Birder.

Tuesday 29th December 2009

A friend of mine, who will remain nameless, but who lives in Leicester, eats Pork pies, enjoys Real Ale and uses colourful language, is on the change - not in a hormonal or fashion sense but, and I hope he wont mind me saying this, he's turning into a ....Bird Photographer!! There I've said it. I must admit it I've seen it coming for a while, The signs were all there, crap pictures of distant birds in the scarce birds section of Surfbirds. I just hoped that he would come to his senses and go back to being a jovial, sociable birder before it was too late.
I fear though he has gone beyond the Pale now and the situation may be irretrievable as he has recently produced some excellent images and reached the Holy Grail of Bird Photography - the Rare birds section of Surfbirds. Will it change him, will he join the massed ranks of seasonal Bittern snappers in a local hide. Will he join the 'if only I could get a little closer, dam its flown off and changed from showing well to elusive, club. Probably not, camouflage jacket green just isnt his colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment