Friday 5 March 2010

Low tide at Lea Marston

Scaup - Hemlingford Water, Kingsbury

Scaup
Scaup

Scaup

Curlew with Oystercatcher, Lea Marston

Curlew

Oystercatcher

Curlew

Friday 5th March 2010

Haven't finished with the Morocco trip but I need to keep up to date with the local scene. Went to Hemlingford Water first to have another look at the female Scaup. Moved on to Lea Marston via Coton lakes. Very quiet at Coton but noticed someone had put a leaflet from Defra setting out the government policy on eradicating Ruddy ducks. I understand why people feel so strongly about this issue, and I dont want to start an open forum but having just come back from a trip where I saw part of a very small population of White headed Ducks all I can say is that it would be a tragedy if the species was lost to the Western palearctic region.
At Lea Marston 5 Curlew, and 2 Oystercatcher were feasting on worms along the river bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment