Sunday 23 May 2010

Black patch

Sunday 23rd May 2010
After the recent Purple patch, this week could be described as a Black patch in terms of birding. Wader passage in the whole County has been minimal and I cant remember a May with so few National rarities. Perhaps everything is late this year and the best is yet to come. It must be bad if I find myself taking an interest in the garden at this time of the year and even worst giving the car its annual wash. I wash my car as regularly as clockwork once every year whether it needs it or not!
Dropped into Brandon Marsh yesterday on the way back from Stratford, alot of warbler song which was great but a single Redshank was the only newcomer as far as I was concerned. There had been a report of Spotted Flycatcher but despite our best efforts Max and I couldn't locate it. After sitting out the heat of the day I tried Coleshill GPS and Ladywalk N.R. in the early evening but drew a blank in terms of new arrivals. So 'today I shall mostly be doing gardening', unless I can find any excuse not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment