Monday 19 July 2010

Little Owls

Little Owl, Nr. Warton. North Warks.

Little Owl

Little Owl

Little Owl

Little Owl
Monday 19th July 2010

It was one of those days today when I just couldn't wait to take my trousers off. It was OK early on, checking out the Little Owls near Warton but by the time I'd strolled around Alvecote pools it was time to get them off. The strength of the sun had taken me by surprise and it would have been nice to put some shorts on if I'd got any with me. It was a lovely day whatever I was or wasn't wearing. The Little Owl was certainly enjoying the sun and there were a good variety of Butterflies about with most of the commoner species seen during the day with the exception of Small Heath and Holly Blue. Brown Hawkers were the most numerous Dragons. Birds were generally few and far between with just the 3 Common terns still and a Lesser Whitethroat seen at Mill pool.
Coton was little better and a Kingfisher was the best bird on the Water Park. The walk up to Fishers Mill was pleasant enough though unrewarding in birding terms and by the time I got back to the car it was definitely time to get them off. I was desperate for an ice-cold FRIJJ which is the one thing that does it for me when I'm feeling the heat, but it must be Banana flavour.

1 comment: