Friday 14 January 2011

A few images from the last couple of days, Great spotted Woodpecker - Ladywalk


Brambling, Ladywalk

Willow tit, Ladywalk

Waxwing, Grendon - my entry in this year's worst photo of a Waxwing this winter Award.

Friday 14th January 2011

I've been up and down Boot Hill, Grendon so many times, I'm getting to know the residents quite well. Actually thats a bit of an exaggeration but I did say Hallo to a couple of people who wondered what the hell I was doing. Today I decided to loiter rather than just drive round and it paid off when a single Waxwing perched up briefly but long enough for me to take my entry for the worst image of a Waxwing this winter Award. I think it may have a chance.

After taxi duty and a quick haircut there was still enough daylight to explore what a canal walk near Brinklow had to offer. After a heavy shower it was definitely a 'welly walk'. Not much of great interest birdwise except several Marsh tits on the edge of a bit of woodland the canal went past.

2 comments:

  1. Its better than any Waxwing photo I have this year, come to think it, its better than any image I have this year.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not on your own mate i have dozens like that, perhaps we could sell one to Martyn.

    ReplyDelete