Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Grendon Four

Waxwing, Grendon

Brambling, Ladywalk

Brambling

Brambling

Waxwing

Waxwing

The Grendon 4

Tuesday 18th January 2011

Got fed up with looking for my own birds so went to Ladywalk! No not really. I shall persevere but it can be lonely and it was a lovely day and I needed to take the camera out for a walk. Anyway got as far as Grendon for the ritual drive through. The Grendon four were perched high waiting for the Mistle thrushes to drop their guard, but then did their customary disappearing act. I chatted to the postman who said they were often in his Mum's garden and gave me precise directions which I thought was nice. I did a circuit round Little Brum but couldn't relocate them but in true Waxwing tradition they were waiting for me when I got back. This time there wasn't a Mistle thrush in sight, the birds came down to feed, the sun came out I took some snaps I gave the postman the thumbs up and continued on my merry way. I visited Ladywalk N.R. via a very quiet Coton pools and then walked back along the river through Hams Hall. No new birds to be found today but a great sight when a Sparrowhawk landed on the handlebars of Karl Sargeant's bike as I watching the comings and goings at the Ladywalk car park feeding station from the car. The bird was no more than 6 feet away. The camera was next to me, but useless, the bird was too close to focus and I daren't move a muscle. Just watched and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment