Thursday 17 March 2011

Another day another Woodcock

Chiffchaff, first of the year for me and one of four birds at Coton

Rather distant image of Spotted Redshank at Drayton Bassett pools. A far more elegant bird than the usual Common Redshanks. An excellent find for Julian Allen. Also on site were a pair of Little ringed Plover and a Dunlin.

I think I have a suspicious mind but is this weed or weeds, discarded at Coton.

What ever it is I go for a natural high and seeing a beautiful bird like a Spotted Redshank does it for me every time.
Thursday 17th March 2011
It seems to be a Woodcock year for me as they seem to pop up, quite literally everywhere. Today it was on the Piccadilly mounds near Kingsbury. Drew a complete blank at several other places before seeing up to four Chiffchaffs and a pair of Marsh tits at Coton pools. I eventually followed up Tom's message about the Spotted Redshank at Drayton Basett and teamed up with Steve's Cawthray and Haynes briefly to view the bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment