Tuesday 26 July 2011

Blithfield Res., Staffs.

Osprey, Blithfield Reservoir, Staffs.
Monday 25th July 2011

Blithfield Reservoir isnt one of my regular haunts I must admit. I usually go when something a bit different has turned up or I happen to be passing. Yesterday I just fancied somewhere a bit different. It was a beautiful day, unfortunately I'd put my back out digging up a tree stump in the garden so I was a bit restricted getting around. It was quiet, gloriously quiet I only saw one couple walking and a couple of Birders. An Osprey could be seen distantly in the top of a conifer and an Arctic tern was picked out but nothing else was seen apart from the usual Common tern, Warblers and Waterfowl. Hard to believe there wasnt a single wader somewhere but then again theres a lot of shoreline to check at Blithfield and I only saw a fraction of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment