Friday 16 September 2011

Waders at Draycote Water

Little Stint, Draycote Water
Sanderling

Greenshank

Greenshank

Turnstone

Curlew Sandpiper

Wheatear

Wheatear

Friday 16th Sept 2011

Ok, still a bit of a retrospective, I'm afraid I haven't been out today. You dream of autumn days like today searching for Wrynecks and Grey Phals and then spend the day sorting out the TV and your Broadband and kitchen tiles and....... well, no way to top up the old self found list. Having said that I did manage a Redstart at Caldecote on the 5th and a presumed Reed warbler in the most unlikely habitat on the ground near Merevale hall, Atherstone. Hobby are still around with one at Whitacre Heath NR on the 12th along with 40+ Yellow wagtails in the cow field. There were also 10+ Yellow wags at Draycote, as well as Wheatear, Curlew Sand., Little Stint and the Gannet which was found sadly dead this morning. I popped in to Sutton Park on the 14th to find a couple of Common Redstarts but very few willow/chiffs and no sign of any Spotted Flycatchers. I bumped into Steve Haynes who had noted a movement of Meadow pipits, picking out the calls of birds as they flew over. Sadly I was unable to hear the pipits at all, its an age thing you know. I was going to make some witisism about missing a Shag at Draycote but I dont think I'll bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment