Tuesday 25 October 2011

New arrivals

Tuesday 25th October 2011
Its been a frustrating few days. After getting over the irony of the Siberian Rubythroat turning up at 'our' patch a couple of days after we'd left the Shetland Isles, I chickened out of the opportunity to go back twice. Once because of the fact I knew I would be severely sea sick and the other due to the imminent arrival of my second grandchild. Good birds continued to arrive but I backed losers everytime; Rufous tailed Robin, Scarlet Tanager....alot of mileage for nought. The Scilly ticks continued to nag but I didnt want to be away for more than a day. The arrival that really mattered was on Sunday, a little girl. Mother and baby doing fine. I can catch up with Northern Waterthrush and Siberian Rubythroat another time. Arrgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment