Monday 3 December 2012

Catching up

Friday 30th November 2011
Third day without a car but managed to get myself to Middleton Hall and have a walk round some of the less well used tracks. A quick look at the feeding station produced L. Redpoll, and the usual birds but as I was watching, 5 Waxwings flew over heading towards the wood. A soggy walk along the river didnt produce any unusual birds and neither did a walk behind the Hall to the Villa training ground and back. An unfortunate incident on the way back ocurred when I was attacked by a dog. Luckily the dog went for my lower leg which was protected by my wellies. What incensed me though was that the owner couldn't bring himself to apologise.
Sunday 2nd December 2012
First chance to catch up with a few birds in the valley. No sign of the probable Ferruginous Duck hybrid but nice views of the Long tailed Duck eventually, thanks to Geoff Williams. I was also able to watch 2 Great northern Divers at Shustoke Res. which was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment