Friday 7 December 2012

'I bin searchin' Oh yeah

Friday 7th December 2012
Today's birding involved a couple of local walks. It started well with a sighting of a Red Kite sitting in a field only just over a mile from my house. Bit average after that I'm afraid; small flocks of Skylarks and Meadow pipits with single Reed Bunting, Green &Great spotted Woodpeckers, Sparrowhawk hunting Redwings, lots of Fieldfares and 3 Song Thrushes plus the usual tits and finches. Even extending the usual Caldecote circuit to include a section of the Coventry canal I couldn't add any more interesting species. Legion Wood near Grendon was much the same story but I will continue to look for that elusive Firecrest or the Owl sp, I know its there somewhere.
Fieldfare, caught in the last rays of the afternoon sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment