Tuesday 15 January 2013

Seeing Double

Tuesday 15th January 2013 I was lured away from the Cricket by a sunny day, the prospect of finding Warwickshire's one and only Waxwing and confirmation that the presumed Ladywalk Siberian Chiffchaff was now two actual Siberian Chiffchaffs.Unfortunately the fact that there were now 2 birds did not double the chances of seeing them. I and several colleagues spent a couple of hours not seeing them. Ladywalk had much else to offer mind you incuding Water Rail,Peregrine, Willow and Marsh tit which I did see and Bittern and Mealy Redpoll which I did not see. Having had a good look round I was informed that one of the Chiffchaffs had been showing between the river and the double gate. Apparently this second bird was ringed as confirmed by some rather distant shots I managed to get. I've put probable as the images may or may not be of one of the two birds seen earlier and confirmed as Siberian Chiffchaff by Alan Dean.
Probable Siberian Chiffchaff,Ladywalk N.R.
Probable Siberian Chiffchaff

No comments:

Post a Comment