Saturday 2 March 2013

A day of two halves

Saturday 2nd March 2013
Spent the morning looking for a Parrot and other less exotic birds around the Tame valley with no success at all. I couldnt even get a coffee on a sunny Saturday. My usual haunts were rammed. There must have been a cyclists convention at Middleton Hall. Bikes everywhere. I moved on. At Kingsbury Water Park my luck changed, I got a coffee and something to eat without any trouble at all. I wasnt expecting too much from a stroll round the pools but I hadn't been in Skan hide too long before a movement in the reeds on the far side of the pool became a Bittern in the reeds.The bird stayed in view for some 10 minutes as it emerged from the reeds to walk slowly in full view around the waters edge before disappearing down a channel next to the Sita hide. Other birds included; Curlew, 3 Oystercatchers, 2 Little Egret, Green Sandpiper, 2 Shelduck and a Kingfisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment