Friday 26 July 2013

Caspian Tern, Rudyard Lake, Staffs

Caspian Tern, Rudyard Lake, Staffordshire
Caspian Tern
Caspian Tern
Caspian Tern
Caspian Tern
Caspian Tern
The day began with the now regular 'Crossbill' walk in Bentley wood. This time, however, in the company of Steve H. Its good to have ears in woodland and Steve has excellent ears. We had to make do with a single fly over for sometime before we had two separate flocks settle in the tree tops. We reckoned a total of 29 Crossbills were seen. I hadnt taken the pager out so it was mid afternoon by the time I found out about a Caspian Tern in the West Mids. The shall I, shant I debate didnt last long so I was soon on my way. The journey was tedious with a good deal of slow moving traffic and finding the viewing point proved harder than it should have been but it was all worth it to see the Caspian Tern flying around and then landing on the mud/grass at the Northern end of Rudyard lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment