Thursday 24 October 2013

Patch Watch

Thursday 25th October 2013
Having neglected my 'patch' it was due for a bit of a bashing so I gave it a good going over today, making the best of a great day to be out. Didn't come up with anything particularly exciting but it was interesting to see just how many birds were in the fields. I reckoned on something like 60+ Skylarks, 40 Meadow pipits and 15 Reed Buntings. It took me nearly an hour to work a 300 metre stretch of hedge and recently planted crop fields either side. Nothing out of the ordinary but you never know with so many birds about. I also counted a flock of 120 Black headed Gull. There was very little on the Sheep fields and the embankment near the canal but with so many berries about things should liven up when the weather turns colder.

No comments:

Post a Comment