Tuesday 21 January 2014

Good day in the West Mids

Tuesday 21st January 2014
Took a trip up the A5 Brownhills today. I was lucky, as I got to the Horse paddocks just in time to see the Glossy Ibis which is wintering in the area. I suppose I watched the bird for a good 5 mins before it suddenly got up for no reason and flew off in the direction of Clayhanger Marsh.
Glossy Ibis, Brownhills, West Mids.
Glossy Ibis
So that was that. Gailey Reservoir was the next venue just up the road. The Great northern Diver was distant when I arrived but was clearly moving around most of the Sailing club lake, eventually popping up near enough for reasonable views. The Great white Egret hadn't been seen all morning apparently, but as I walked back to the car for something to eat (not Pork pie, having binged over Christmas) a white dot appeared in the distant reeds on the Fishing pool.  Closer inspection revealed a Great white Egret. A good day in the West Mids.
Great white Egret, Gailey Res.
Great northern Diver
Raven, Sheepfield, Gailey Res,

No comments:

Post a Comment