Tuesday 22 July 2014

Night Heron, Seeswood pool, Nuneaton

Tuesday 22nd July 2014
Since retirement I thought I'd rid myself of 'meetings' but today one caught up with me which I couldn't avoid, just as word came through that a Night Heron had been found up the road at Seeswood Pool, Nuneaton. I was consoled by the Knowledge that I had seen Night Heron in Warwickshire before and the fact the one found last year found close by at Atherstone had escaped from Twycross Zoo. As it happened the meeting in Leamington finished in plenty of time to get over to Seeswood by late afternoon. Having parked up I headed for the N.E. corner as directed but was surprised to see birders on the far bank looking in my direction, Ooops. I walked back very gingerly praying I didnt flush the bird. I didnt, but I had to walk right round the pool to view from the opposite bank and get some 'record'shots.
Night Heron, Seeswood pool, Nuneaton
Night Heron
Night Heron
Night Heron

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bob
    Is this likely to be the escapee from last year?
    Regards
    Paul

    ReplyDelete