Monday 1 September 2014

Draycote Water, Warks.

Monday 1st September 2014
Can you believe its September already, my Grandson's first day at school. Amazing.
Anyway decided to give the patch a rest today and with prolonged showers forecast thought I'd give Draycote Water a try. T.M. had already found a Shag. So you never know your luck something interesting might well turn up. I began walking round in light drizzle, but the rain got progressively heavier as the morning wore on.  I met the two Keiths looking for the Shag but it had disappeared, although a young Cormorant held our attention for a while. We went our separate ways and I walked round to Toft Bay. The hedges were alive with birds mainly Yellow Wagtails about 25 or so but also Yellowhammers, Pipits and Finches. I took shelter in Toft before heading back but still got a good soaking before reaching the Visitors centre. After a coffee and with the rain easing I walked round towards Rainbow corner, just before the overflow I saw the Shag on the rocks. The heavens opened again but not before I'd taken a few snaps.

A selection of images from Draycote Water
Juvenile Shag, Draycote Water
Juvenile Cormorant, for comparison
Juvenile Common Tern
Pipit sp
JuvenileYellow Wagtail
Common Tern
Juvenile Green Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment