Wednesday 31 December 2014

Birds of 2014 - Home and away

31st January 2014
2014 has been a pretty good year for me birding wise with good birds locally, nationally and on trips further afield. I've managed to capture a few on camera and have selected my Top ten images from my three 'lists' in 2014.
First my home County, Warwickshire. The easiest selection, chiefly  because there are not that so many rares to choose from. That gives the ones we do get extra excitement. This year I added two new birds to my County list : Red backed Shrike at Ladwalk N.R. and Humes Yellow browed Warbler a short distance away on the Ham's Hall distribution Park. Not the greatest pics but great local finds.
Hume's Yellow browed Warbler, Hams Hall, Warks.

Red backed Shrike, Ladywalk N.R.
The remaining selection are in no particular order, they represent something of the diversity of species to be found in Wawickshire.
Firecrest, Earlswood Lakes

Whinchat, Caldecote

Great White Egret, Fishers Mill, Middleton Lakes RSPB

Merlin, Wishaw

Great Skua, Draycote Water

Grey Partridge, Wishaw

Night Heron, Seeswood pool, Nuneaton

Garganey, Shustoke Reservoir

No comments:

Post a Comment