Thursday 11 December 2014

Kuwait - Part 3

3rd Dec. 2014
In my notebook it says 'strangely enjoyable day'. I think what I meant was, even though I didnt see any 'new' birds it was still a good days birding with some great birds. We were always on the lookout for Kuwait specialities in city parks, anywhere in the desert with a few trees and bushes or cultivated fields and rubbish tips We worked hard searching such places but for me there were no more ticks. We did get better views of some previously seen birds. 3 Greater Spotted Eagles circling at Jahra Reserve, some 60 Grey Hypocolius at Green Island and close views of Persian Wheatear, Menetries warbler and Namaqua Dove were all very memorable.

Persian Wheatear

Greater spotted Eagle

Greater Spotted Eagle

Stonechat, Saxicola variegatus

Stonechat, Saxicola variegatus showing distinctive Wheatear-like tail pattern

Red vented Bulbul

Namaqua Dove

Namaqua Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment