Tuesday 30 December 2014

Post Christmas Birding

Tuesday 30th December 2014
Winding down after the festivities or in my case non festivities of Christmas. A few gentle family walks, a mountain of pork products consumed but very little birding. Did have a stroll around Middleton Lakes to count Stonechats and visited the Shustoke 3 today but that's about it. I wish I could say I was storing up energy for a New years blast but I think a more sedate and dignified start to the years birding is called for. I'm going to do a 3 part Review of 2014 -  best birds/photos of Warks birds, UK birds and Western Palearctic birds. It's been an epic year's birding, with various trips and twitches and a couple of local finds thrown in.

1w drake Scaup, Shustoke Res.

Common Sandpiper

Red crested Pochard

No comments:

Post a Comment