Saturday 18 April 2015

Dipping near and far.

Saturday 18th April 2015
Rather lost track of my Blog worthy exploits over the last few days. My local migrant searches were interrupted by a day at Rutland Water where I successfully dipped an Alpine Swift but did see Whinchat, Wheatear and Redstart. I was then lured away to the Scillies where I successfully dipped the Great Blue Heron but did manage to see Wryneck and Hoopoe. This was my fourth Dip in a row having now missed out on American Herring Gull, Osprey, Alpine Swift and Great Blue Heron.Yesterday I was back on the local hills, A Whitehroat was heard briefly but that was about it. Hopefully my next post will be a little more cheerful, with reports of interesting migrants, illustrated with great photos, but I rather doubt it. I might get round to a more complete account of the Scillies trip when I'm in the right mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment