Tuesday 28 July 2015

Mid-summer Birding

28th July 2015

Have visited nearly all my usual local haunts over the past week but very little to go on about. No more doggy stories thank goodness and the paths have been very quiet so nothing to chunter about. In fact those folk I have bumped into here and there have been very chatty and amiable.
Seem to be a few Hobbies about, 3 today, 2, an adult and a juv. at Alvecote and one at Cliff pool Kingsbury. Also at Alvecote today were 3 Little Egret and a couple of Common terns and 50+ House Martins.On the Caldecote walk 2 Yellow wagtails were seen and on the Rothern's farm walk, Mancetter, there were 2 Ravens. 2 Ravens were also seen beyond the Orchard at Alvecote but the Redstart proved extremely elusive. An Avocet at Brandon Marsh was a good Warks. year bird on the same pool as 4 Green Sandpipers and a single Common Sandpiper was seen at Shustoke on the piles of algae and weed. Talking of weed I spent almost as much time today pulling up Himalayan Balsam as I did Birding. A drop in the ocean I know but I suppose every bit helps. So that's about it for the past few days, still struggling with the new phone so tweeting is on hold but I'm hopeful of getting all coms back in full working order shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment