Tuesday 10 November 2015

Crag Martin - Chesterfield

Tuesday 10th November 2015

Tore myself away from the muddy tracks of North Warks. to go and have a gander at the Crag Martin at Chesterfield yesterday, and jolly glad I did to. Quite a unique experience in many ways. When the bird did show it showed very well, circling the famous crooked spire of the church. I suppose I should have at least attempted to get some photos but in the gloom and persistant drizzle I contented myself with just admiring the acrobatics of this little unexpected visitor to the Midlands. So no illustrations in this blog I'm afraid. The only downside to the whole event was the hospitality I experienced in this area of Derbyshire. Perhaps its a local custom but when I ask for a Cappucino I expect most of it to be served in the cup and not in the saucer (BHS Cafe) and the Prawn and Mayo sandwich I got from Tesco's in Alfreton was the worst sarnie I've had in any Supermarket, Cafe, Bistro or Restaurant anywhere in the world. I know I shouldnt expect too much from Supermarket catering but I could have sanded down my floorboards with the bread. Anyway it all made for an interesting day.Warwickshire may not have any rarities (at the moment) but at least I know where I can get a decent sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment