Tuesday 12 January 2016

A day at Brandon Marsh

12th January 2016

Any day you see a Bittern is a good day, and today I saw 2, not much else but 2 Bitterns will do me. After a long wait in East Marsh hide I moved round to Carlton hide for a better view of the Newlands Reedbed. After about 20 minutes or so a Bittern  flew in and dropped just beyond the pool giving excellent flight views. After a further half hour it was joined by a second Bittern, flying in from the far side of the reedbed.
Bittern 1, Brandon Marsh

Bittern 1

Bittern 1

Bittern 1

Bittern 1

Bittern 2

2 comments:

  1. Well done Bob with the Bitterns.Not seen one this year.You're having a good run with bird shots lately I think I might follow you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Max, bit of a purple patch with 3 Bitterns
    in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete