Tuesday 19 April 2016

Another Ring Ouzel

Monday 18th April 2016

No new migrants on 'the hill' at Mancetter but good to find 2 pairs of Tree sparrows. The Blackcap was still there. Mistle thrush, Grey heron, Sand Martin and Swallows were also seen. I had a quick look around the Wishaw area, far too quick really but then got a message that another Ring Ouzel had been found in North Warks. I wasn't too far away so headed off, stopping briefly for a look at Shustoke Res. I counted 18 Common terns from the top car park. So, to look for this Ring Ouzel 'near Hurley'. I wasn't very familiar with the area. I knew a few spots in the area but despite getting more detailed instructions still felt I needed to explore every mud spattered lane twice before getting there. Another birder had just arrived and we searched the horse paddocks and hedges. We had to wait a little time before the bird showed itself. Worth the wait though.
Ring Ouzel, Hurley

Ring Ouzel

Ring Ouzel with Blackbird

Ring Ouzel


No comments:

Post a Comment